all who are hatching quail

I have 230 eggs coming in today or tomorrow. They are coturnix. I was planning on 120, and bid low on another offer, ended up winning and now I get to hatch 230 lol. We have four horse stalls that are clean and not in use so I plan on using one for the brooder. They are seven feet tall, do you think I should make a screen roof for it? Or is that high enough? I know I can end up with 0 hatching, just want to be prepared either way.

Why do quail stop laying? I got my cpq and 3 weeks later they started to lay. No some 6 weeks later they haven't produced an egg all week (7days)

Sometimes stress will cause them to stop laying, weather changes, age , food and water availability all could affect egg production.

One of my coturnix chicks have died. I feel relly bad because it was very healthy but not eat, I did what I could to save him but i can't...
The others are going like the died chick. Not eating, can't walk, only one button, the first hatching and it' seens so good. The other 2 have deformations in her legs and can´t walk... What I should do?

I used my finger and poked at food so they knew where it was. Also pick them up and put their beak in the food. Have you tried making a mash with the food and some warm water?
I did all what you have said and they don't understand...

So far I have had 17 valley quail and 4 snowflake bob white hatch this week.

Got 16 valley quail eggs in the incubator right now along with 12 african harlequin quail, 20 Americana, and 2 gray peacock pheasant eggs. Going to have a lot going on soon lol

So far I have had 17 valley quail and 4 snowflake bob white hatch this week.

Got 16 valley quail eggs in the incubator right now along with 12 african harlequin quail, 20 Americana, and 2 gray peacock pheasant eggs. Going to have a lot going on soon lol
Where are you located and will you be selling any of the valley quail?

Back
Top Bottom