all who are hatching quail

This chick's neck looks broken and bent what should u do?
i would just leave it alone. As long as it can eat and drink. it may straighten over time. I had one that hatched from a smaller egg. Took about two weeks for it's neck to straighten

Today is day 17 of my first time hatching and there is nothing yet so I'm getting pretty nervous. Can someone with a lot of experience hatching coturnix tell me what the humidity is supposed to be at?? I've seen so many different variations. The recommendation from the coturnix basics page here on byc says 40% the whole time except for the last few days when it should be up to 60%. That is what I have it at now.

Today is day 17 of my first time hatching and there is nothing yet so I'm getting pretty nervous. Can someone with a lot of experience hatching coturnix tell me what the humidity is supposed to be at?? I've seen so many different variations. The recommendation from the coturnix basics page here on byc says 40% the whole time except for the last few days when it should be up to 60%. That is what I have it at now.
Sometimes it can take up to 19-20 days. My last batch hatched at 19 days. (When I was away, so my kids got to care for them while I was away! The texts I got were very amusing.

Give them a few more days. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get a good hatch.

Sometimes it can take up to 19-20 days. My last batch hatched at 19 days. (When I was away, so my kids got to care for them while I was away! The texts I got were very amusing.

Give them a few more days. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get a good hatch.

Thanks, I'll try and chill out and not go look at them every 5 minutes:)

Back
Top Bottom