all who are hatching quail

Today is day 16. No pips, no movement. Not sure any will hatch. I'm starting to think it's still too cold out to hatch eggs from my birds. I gather eggs every morning but that means they sat out all night and it's still around 35 at night. I might just have to order some eggs and try that.

I put 12 coturnix eggs in my Brinsea incubator on Saturday.

These will be my first ever quail so I am very hopeful that they will all hatch!!!

Just locked down my 70 coturnix eggs. Hoping at least most of them hatch out. Setting up the brooder in the garage. Using a 55 gallon aquarium. Gonna watch it over the next day or two to make sure I can keep the temp right. If the side under the light is around 100, what is acceptable on the other end of the brooder? Looking like its gonna be somewhat lower unless I buy another light. Still getting pretty cold outside overnight here in Michigan. Don't really want to brood in the house, but will if I have to.

Just locked down my 70 coturnix eggs. Hoping at least most of them hatch out. Setting up the brooder in the garage. Using a 55 gallon aquarium. Gonna watch it over the next day or two to make sure I can keep the temp right. If the side under the light is around 100, what is acceptable on the other end of the brooder? Looking like its gonna be somewhat lower unless I buy another light. Still getting pretty cold outside overnight here in Michigan. Don't really want to brood in the house, but will if I have to.
sent pm

Today is day 16. No pips, no movement. Not sure any will hatch. I'm starting to think it's still too cold out to hatch eggs from my birds. I gather eggs every morning but that means they sat out all night and it's still around 35 at night. I might just have to order some eggs and try that.
let me know if you need some eggs i am getting good hatch rates right now

thanks for sharing your experience also! I know it should be the last resort, just thinking if they will die anyway... At this point, I'm just hoping I won't be in a position to decide. I'll remain positive! :)

Is it normal for some eggs to wiggle and some not at all? I'm worried, as some are constantly moving and some - never. They all candled OK. I guess I'll just wait and see.

Hope
Update on my 40 JMF coturnix babies: Day 16: lots of cracks in the shells and lots of rocking (but not all). Today, several pipped :)
Had one hatch out just now and lots of others are rocking back and forth, eager to come out, I'm sure. I just worry about those that are not moving and never did...

Can't stop looking at my brand new little wet bundle of joy - my first ever!!
Really worried, though, about those eggs that aren't moving at all.....

Hope

Back
Top Bottom