all who are hatching quail

Hatch day for 50 of my eggs from my JMF jumbos. Around 10 running around the hatcher this morning. These will be picked up Sat along with the 45 from last weeks hatch.
I need to keep some more for myself, the freezer is getting pretty low on quail, lol
are the jmf jumbo much different in size compared to other jumbo?

well got up this am and theres a a&m hatchling in there now. guess ill put some pebbles in the water for now and get up to the TSC today. looks like another egg is moving around too :)

Magicbirdie Have you candled? I was about to throw mine when candling I could see internal pip on one (beak poked into air sac) and movement. So far have lost one but two more are alive for now, they are 18 hours and 4 hours respectively. 2 from 36 is not at all good but new thermometers turned up and they are both 4-6 degrees higher than the one I had so that explains the late hatch. candling if no movement float test then autopsy :(

Last edited:
Put 5 eggs in and hatched 4. Last one piped his beak out and then it quit.These are my first quail, a friend gave me them when his bator quit. not sure what they are but they are from a green egg with brown spots.

Magicbirdie Have you candled? I was about to throw mine when candling I could see internal pip on one (beak poked into air sac) and movement. So far have lost one but two more are alive for now, they are 18 hours and 4 hours respectively. 2 from 36 is not at all good but new thermometers turned up and they are both 4-6 degrees higher than the one I had so that explains the late hatch. candling if no movement float test then autopsy :(

No... I've heard several times that they're too small to candle. Besides, I don't have a good flashlight... I'll float test them on saturday/monday

Back
Top Bottom