all who are hatching quail

Sweet! I have a mini fridge is wanna make into a bator, but my turners won't fit in it
I'm not sure my Turner will fit or not. I haven't tried yet. This one is like a camp fridge. You put ice in to keep things cold. No motor or anything. Basically a fancy cooler

I'm not sure my Turner will fit or not. I haven't tried yet. This one is like a camp fridge. You put ice in to keep things cold. No motor or anything. Basically a fancy cooler

Oh ok......mine is like motorized mini fridge.....but I tore everything out of it.....will probably just convert it into a hatcher unless I figure out how to put turners in it......it want to make a bator that will hold at least 2 turners instead of running 2 bators and a hatcher

Oh ok......mine is like motorized mini fridge.....but I tore everything out of it.....will probably just convert it into a hatcher unless I figure out how to put turners in it......it want to make a bator that will hold at least 2 turners instead of running 2 bators and a hatcher
I'm thinking if i put the light bulb towards the bottom over a water pan it will Work without having to install a fan, since heat rises but putting in a fan shouldn't be too hard either. You might just have to make a wood box your Turners fit in and making the mini fridge the Hatcher.

You can cut the turners down if you need to. Just cut everything cleanly including the linkage. I've seen them cut down to fit in cooler bators a lot.

You can also go big and build your own frame for a universal turning motor like this one. I'd probably just build a cabinet at that point, but who knows.

I think I am just going to build a wooden cabinet bator....Already have the stuff to do it minus the wood

Oh and I got an egg today out of my bobwhite pair ....the hen is a northern bob and the rooster is a white bob....so the chicks should be interesting

Last edited:
I think I am just going to build a wooden cabinet bator....Already have the stuff to do it minus the wood

Oh and I got an egg today out of my bobwhite pair ....the hen is a northern bob and the rooster is a white bob....so the chicks should be interesting
Nice i just put 25 eggs in from my bobwhites. And a bunch that I ordered. Hoping i get a good hatch.

Hey all! I am trying to hatch coturnix eggs for the first time. I put 40 of them in the incubator a week ago, today. I have it holding steady at 100 degrees, a cup of water, and am turning them 2-3 times a day. Has anyone had any luck candling their quail eggs? Hope to have a successful first hatch here in about 2 more weeks. I am excited to see them hatch and spring into life! I have 14 adult coturnix and 1 Texas A&M.

Back
Top Bottom