all who are hatching quail

40 bobwhite eggs, 3 hatched one died about 10 hrs old. 4 never developed. Couple pipped but never hatched the rest died in shell. Humidity and temperature were constant aside from one short drop to about 50 percent...so not sure the issue. Sad though. The coturnix eggs that had temperature issues and didn't get turned are hatching like mad...

40 bobwhite eggs, 3 hatched one died about 10 hrs old. 4 never developed. Couple pipped but never hatched the rest died in shell. Humidity and temperature were constant aside from one short drop to about 50 percent...so not sure the issue. Sad though. The coturnix eggs that had temperature issues and didn't get turned are hatching like mad...

Something is weird. What age did the 'rest died in shell' punch out at? appr...

Something is weird.  What age did the 'rest died in shell' punch out at?  appr...
a couple pipped but died before hatching, i candled a couple that hadn't pipped 5 days after hatch date and saw movement so i left them a while longer. 2 days later candled again and all were dead. They were all fully developed. Not sure what happened.

Sorry about the bobs, that can be frustrating when you don't know why. Some coturnix seem to hatch no matter how bad the incubation challenges.

What was your humidity during incubation and at lockdown?

This came in the mail today.
big_smile.png

The new thermostat and hygrometer will hopefully increase my hatch rate, but the turner and rails will just be nice to have. I haven't tried the quail rails with my jumbo eggs yet, I know some of you have modified yours to fit the larger eggs without damaging them.

Sorry about the bobs, that can be frustrating when you don't know why.  Some coturnix seem to hatch no matter how bad the incubation challenges.

What was your humidity during incubation and at lockdown?
30 percent during incubation and 65 at lockdown

I set 138 mixed Coturnix quail eggs consisting of Texas A&M and Japanese strains on Sunday June 29th 2014. Yesterday the first day of the hatch I got 10 chicks, today when i got home from work I was delighted to see 29 more quails that hatched for a total of 39 chicks so far. I am going wait a couple more days to see what else pops up.

The goal is to get 100 chick per week!

The Incubating equipment that I use:
Setting Incubator: GQF 1500 Professional with an automatic watering system
Hatching Incubator: GQF 1550 Hatcher
Software: Incubation Manager developed by Red Poultry

Whats the average normal price for a mature Coturnix quail? Im on kaui hawaii and as a island, we cant ship often. The craigslist price is $25 each. Whats the normal price for adult and or eggs each?

Garry
ALOHA

Back
Top Bottom