all who are hatching quail

Bobwhite are beautiful I have a pair or snowflake and regular bobwhite... They started laying 4 days ago... After waiting 20 weeks... Once my valley quail start to lay I'll make sure to let u know and I'll send you some...good luck with the little babies keep them warm...
Thank you

Just went into lockdown with 5 lil snowflake bobwhites. Can't wait till Sunday! I'm brooding week old Royal Palm poults, have four 2 mth old bronze poults, and a small flock of red star hens. Will incubate 12 coturnix next. Like to keep the numbers down for easy management with my day job.

I had to be at work at 11, so naturally at 10:15 the first snowflake bobwhite was starting to hatch (today is day 22, not 23). I'll attach a pic, this is pretty exciting to wait for the others! (And thankful my husband was sending me pics of this first one).

Is anyone willing to sell me some button quail eggs?

Button preferably but will consider other quail.

I'm only wanting 10 eggs

I just put these 48 coturnix quail eggs into the incubator today. It will be my 2nd time hatching. Pretty excited as these were laid by my first lot of quailies.

Hey folks I saw something I recognize that might help some of you. The electric motor on her turner is the same type that can be found as the oscillating
motor in many space heaters and fans. typically 120v AC 4-5 RPM.

If the fan has a pull up till it snaps knob to engage the oscillation, don't bother, those run off of the fan motor.
If it has a switch for oscillate, that's your oyster.

Hi QJ, I know nothing about building my own incubator but I got this goodie but cheapy from eBay. It was $100 all up (including the auto turner and torch) and I've had no issues with it thus far...

My ebay "jumbo coturnix quail" are five weeks old and range from 6-8, maybe 9 ounces at most? Is this how big they should be? I thoufht perhaps more. Does 94 degree weather slow growth down?

My ebay "jumbo coturnix quail" are five weeks old and range from 6-8, maybe 9 ounces at most? Is this how big they should be? I thoufht perhaps more. Does 94 degree weather slow growth down?

5 weeks, 35 days...34 days ago they weighed approx 15 grams...So when they made it to one oz their weight had doubled...

then again when they made two oz... then again when they made 4 oz...then again when they made 8oz...

Their weight has doubled 4 times, almost once a week...what did you expect a bushpig?

at 5 weeks, seems like a normal weight to me.

Back
Top Bottom