all who are hatching quail

they are coturnix like the one in my pic. IDK what color though. and you should not raise quails and chickens together. Goodluck
I guess it will be a surprise for the color. I have a garden box that has an in closed cage with 19g wire around it it keep the squirrels out. The veggies didn't grow so well, maybe it'll make a nice quail cage if I just add a door?!? I hope they hatch, I will post pics as soon as they do.

We've got eggs in the coolerbator that could start hatching tomorrow! I'm teaching a unit on birds to a kids' science group, and we're including the hatch as part of the study.

My kids and I set 40 eggs the morning of Friday the 29th: 10 button eggs destined to provide pets for my children and 30 cotournix for meat and eggs for me. I ordered them from 2 separate sellers on ebay (12+ buttons, 18 sent, and 24+ cotournix, 30 sent). 7 button eggs arrived broken and one more was accidentally broken by my kids. The cotournix came in a box that had one corner smashed in, but were so well packed that they all arrived unbroken. Yesterday at lockdown we candled and removed the clears, leaving 8 button eggs and 19 cotournix still incubating. I'm a little concerned that, despite arriving unbroken, the cots may have been very badly shaken up when their box was smashed and have decreased hatchability from that.

So, it looks like we could have buttons beginning to hatch as early as tomorrow possibly. There's one mama and three little ones here waiting on pins and needles--and a whole passel of little friends waiting for the call to come over and watch the miracle of new life, too.

they are coturnix like the one in my pic. IDK what color though. and you should not raise quails and chickens together. Goodluck
3 hatched today, hopefully a few more hatch out of the batch. I will give them a few more days.

Finally starting to hatch mid day 20...
Discovered the other day that my incubator temps were 2.5 degrees out and I was actually incubating at 35 degrees celcius so have calibrated it and ordered a new therm and hygro. My 1st attempt is a learning experience anyway, but I am stoked :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom