All you egg hatchers have done it!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by porteryork, Jan 23, 2009.

1. porteryork

porteryork Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2008
    Clarkesville, GA
    I was over visiting my chickens today. They are with a friend's while the coop is relocated. (Long story, City ordinance.....) Anyway, my friend has a big roo that has taken a liking to my big blue orps from Julie.

So there were three eggs there and, and,

yes! I too them over to Missouri chick and she is putting them in her bator tonight along with the swap eggs.

Help! Next thing you now I will be getting an incubator.

On another note, if the eggs work......Missouri chick has a Suede's son and I have one of Julie's gorgeous blue orps.......see what we are thinking.....

Yes, I am officially an enabler for Missouri Chick's hatching habit!

Michelle

2. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

HA,,, you think buying a bator is the last step?? hahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

after you buy a bator,, you buy a bigger 1,, then you buy a hatcher,, then you buy a brooder,,, then.....................................

3. porteryork

porteryork Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2008
    Clarkesville, GA
    Aaauuuuggghhhh! Is there a chicken 12 step program?

4. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Quote:Yes but we wont tell you. just give up and buy more eggs.

5. Missouri chick

Missouri chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Homer, GA
    They are right Michelle, I entered the raffle for that big incubator we saw at the show. GAWShhh, I'm really in trouble if I win that!!! [​IMG] I never thought I of all people would become a hatchaholic, but it kinda sneaks up on you. Sharon and I call it chicken crack. Worst and best addiction ever. [​IMG] I hope we get some good Pearl babies for you......

6. Missouri chick

Missouri chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Homer, GA
    Quote:and you make hubby build more pens, and then you lay out a fake budget sheet to PROVE this is all worth it, then when planning to build YOUR house you think of a way to turn the basement into your own private chick hatchery, and then..........

7. griffin45

griffin45 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2008
    South Central Virgina
    I was thinking that we needed a spot for all of us DH's! BYC should put up a thread called "build another fence dear" and limit entrance to all of us DH's. Gonna get chickens? Put up a fence... Chickens lead to goats, goats lead to sheep, sheep lead to pigs, pigs lead to donkeys.... You get the Idea!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Chris

8. CrazyChickieMama

CrazyChickieMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2008
    Bolton, NC
    That's what I'm saying...this spring we're expanding the coop, making a chicken run, finishing the fence, and getting 2 goats!!!!!!!!! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. griffin45

griffin45 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2008
    South Central Virgina
    Quote:2 goats [​IMG] Yeah right... [​IMG] we were just getting two goats... [​IMG] Go ahead read whats at the bottom... 8 chickens and 2 goats, trust me honey! [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by