Allergies

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Bantamlover23, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Bantamlover23

Bantamlover23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2008
    Chuluota, FL
    Well my allergies are trying to kill me. I have been miserable since saturday after I cleaned 2 tack rooms with itchy eyes, sneezing, coughing, and runny nose it is SO wonderful. Usually my allergies are not this bad but since cleaning 2 dusty and dirty tack rooms I have been miserable. And I ran out of my OTC allergy meds I usually take so now it is down to Benedyl and that stuff knocks me out. Oh well my dad is picking the other meds up today so maybe I can take and get over this crud.

2. chook pen jen

chook pen jen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2009
    Collie W.Australia
    Sorry dont know a cure ,but I would sugest you might try wearing a dust mask next time.IT helps me ,its not very comfortable but itchey eyes nose &throat are no fun,its worth a go .GOOD LUCK.

3. corancher

corancher Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Colorado
    I know how you feel. The same thing happens to me when I am over exposed to lots of dust.

Hope you feel better soon.

4. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Quote:Last year my Dr put me on Nasonex, if I would remember to use it everyday I would not have issues and after the last few days and feeling miserable I will be more incline to use the Nasonex everyday.

5. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    Bantamlover, I am so sorry. As a fellow allergy sufferer, I totally feel your pain. This is what helps me-come in when your allergies are acting up, and change clothes. Wash your face, clean your glasses/contacts if you wear them. If you're really bad, take a shower and wash your hair. It gets the allergens off your body. Benadryl does the same thing to me, I swear I could have surgery under the effects of that stuff. I hope you get your regular meds soon. Oh, and take it before you go out to clean up. Feel better soon! [​IMG]

6. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    I have tried every thing under the sun to no avail, then Doc. prescribed Lodrane 24. Its working! good luck! Micah:weee

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by