Allergy to Duck Eggs?

Hi, I found your post after Googling "duck egg allergy". (I eat chicken eggs all the time with no problems.) Two years ago I got a few duck eggs and tried them. I got the most intense painful stomachaches of my life. (Only labor has been worse). I was invited to a friend's house and I was on the floor in pain. I didn't suspect the duck eggs for days. I kept thinking maybe it's cheese or something. But one day I ate half a spoon of my son's scrambled eggs and realized it must be the duck eggs! I stopped immediately and the stomachaches went away completely.
The same exact thing happens to me. I didn't cry when I was in labor, but I was borderline in tears when I ate duck eggs. It felt like someone was carving my stomach from the inside out and even would vomit sometimes. I don't touch any eggs now. I stick to an egg replacer in baking and a tofu if I want that egg taste for breakfast or in a stir fry.

Yep, add me to the list. I'm intolerant. I had duck eggs several times after my ducks started laying. I was also getting a bit of stomach pain each time but didn't make the connection until one day I was doubled over in cramps and spent most of the day curled up on the couch waiting for it to pass.
I do chicken eggs just fine, have no history of food intolerance. My other family members eat them just fine.
I've been having stomach issues for awhile now, and a few weeks back I went on a 10 day master cleanse. When I started eating again, I really started focusing on adding pre and probiotic foods to my diet. The cleanse was great, and my stomach issues really cleared up. Finally I started introducing duck egg again.
Started with baked goods that had 1/8th of an egg per serving and the 1/4. I did just fine on these things. So then I tried 1/2 a duck egg in my scrambled eggs for breakfast. And I was so sick again~~~ For hours. I guess no more duck egg for me.

I don't eat my duck eggs either. Not because of any reaction, I just find the flavour too intense. So now what are you going to do with your eggs. Lots of people, including myself, sell them. I like to think my ducks are at least contributing to their feed bill.

I did not eat duck eggs for 2 years now as I developed an intolerance to them. However, I was reading an old post in which the person tested multiple way to cook them and noticed that she was able to eat the yolk. Additionally, if making scrambled eggs, they have to be overcooked to avoid reactions. I will try again as soon as my hens start laying as I sold all my ducks and started over with Hookbill ducks.

I haven’t been able to eat ANY eggs for years. Intolerance, not allergy. I sure miss eating them. I haven’t even tried to eat them for years.

I suspect a bad reaction from the flu shot had something to do with it. That’s when I immediately reacted to eggs.

Back
Top Bottom