Almost 12 hours no progress

Well it hatched ❤ no other signs of any others hatching any time soon
Screenshot_20230416-161734_Snapchat.jpg

We're up to 3 total hatched. The first hatch is drying off and is black with silver highlights 😂 second hasnt completely dried yet for me to tell but its chipmunky colored and just now between 2-3am a blonde turken hatched! It was a nice little surprise.

My 10 silkie eggs have zero signs of hatching but another of the barnyard mix has pipped so that's a positive!

I have an egg that pipped last night 4/15/23 @ approx 830PM. I woke up this morning & there has been zero progress. I was hearing peeping in the egg last night but this morning nothing so far. The hole still has I think the membrane covering it and I can see it moving??

This is my first time incubating. I set them on Friday 3/24 & I locked them down the afternoon of 4/12. I candled before lock down and the 18 I left in had signs of life in them. No other signs of pipping on any other eggs.

My incubator has been running 100.5-101.5 with humidity of 40-50% before lock down. During lockdown the temp has been the same and humidity 55-60%. I'm only going by the screen on the incubator which I know now I should of added other things to help get an accurate reading of levels. I'm using the little giant still air incubator.

How long do I leave the eggs in to give them a chance to hatch?
How long do I give this already pipped egg to hatch? It's been almost 12 hours i just wanna make sure it's okay
I had my batch of 7 hatch April 15 one pipped and out Day 19, the next day i had another in the morning, by April 17 day 21 all had hatched. I used a 65% to 75% humidity to help soften The shell for hatching and kept it at 37.5 C or 98F to 100F as temperature fluctuated with humidity changes. Sometimes hatching may go up to 25 days.

I'm a newbie but I noted every single day, humidity and temperature readings and this worked for me with a 100 % hatching rate.

20230419_215819.jpg

20230419_215743.jpg

20230419_215732.jpg

20230419_215713.jpg

Here's the 4 survivors. I had another hatch out but it never would move from the spot it hatched from and just passed away a couple hours later.

I have 1 silkie trying to hatch now but the remaining eggs I candled and there was no movements so I pulled them out.

Back
Top Bottom