Almost 8 week old chick

KimHoward

In the Brooder
May 25, 2023
My chick will be 8 weeks very soon, when she was 5 weeks old I noticed one of her legs looked splayed. I taped it for a few days and now it seems to have gotten worse. She gets around with the other chicks her age, eats, drinks, poops and flutters around like a butterfly in the yard. But today, she is limping more and needs to flap her wings a bit to walk. I feel like she is suffering now and I do not want to for my own personal attachment to her, but should I put her to peace?☹️💔💔

No - You can fix this. Superate her from the rest of the chicks and keep taping her legs. Keep a close eye on her. Maybe someone else will have a little more information. But do not give up on her yet.

My chicken Sugar was just like this - we kept trying to make her better and it worked - she might half a small limp - Sugar had a deformity in her hip - she always favors one side but she is laying eggs - she was a spayed leg chick too

My chicken Sugar was just like this - we kept trying to make her better and it worked - she might half a small limp - Sugar had a deformity in her hip - she always favors one side but she is laying eggs - she was a spayed leg chick too
Or it might be a slipped tendon, because her knee is very large and her foot goes way out now.

any ideas on a splint that I can make with something around the house? I have used that wrap stuff on her knee area and it usually falls down to her foot during the day. So maybe splinting is the way to go now, hopefully.

Back
Top Bottom