Almost a year ago I adopted a duck from the city animal shelter

TsiugBoidheach

In the Brooder
Sep 3, 2022
Last August I adopted Coach the duck from an animal shelter in my city. She was all by herself held in a little concrete room in the back where she probably spent all day. I fell in love on the spot and adopted her without hesitation and posted about her on here to learn all about my new duck child

I ended up having to move after one of my housemates revealed to everyone that they didn’t really like animals and didn’t really want any in the house except for her snake, so we all left. I started renting a different place.

When I first posted on here when I got her, people told me I should get her friends. I was hesitant because I was not sure if she had even seen another duck since she was a hatchling, but after I brought her with me out of state to my dad and his fiancée’s place with their ducks, I was absolutely certain she deserved all the friends

So this past spring my partner and I built a duck coop and started a family.

IMG_0895.jpeg

That’s Coach on the left, with Tamsis, Chelsea, Mälmo, Senna, and Dresden and I love them and love that they love each other. Coach is still attached to my hip when she can be but she definitely appreciates having a team to take out on foraging expeditions ☺️
I just felt it was important to continue and share a good story and I hope it continues well

So happy you got her friends! They all look happy, and you sound happy too!
Thank you! I am happy! The last few years of my life have felt reckless and aimless and I never thought meeting a duck would change my life this much for the better. I’ve made a lot of adjustments that have improved not just their lives but mine too, and they inspire me to keep trying and to love every moment of it <3

Back
Top Bottom