Almost Day 23...do I Give Up Hope?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by O.C.Chick, Sep 8, 2009.

1. O.C.Chick

O.C.Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Hello Hatching Experts!

Day 22 in my incubator began at 5:00 last night. How much longer is there a chance for late hatchers?

Day 21: 1 hatched, then 12 hours later, another one....Those two are in the brooder*....12 hours later on Day 22, one more hatched. She's still in the incubator. So I have three that have hatched and 7 that haven't.

* I know, YOU"RE NOT SUPPOSED TO OPEN THE INCUBATOR [​IMG] When I transferred the two chicks from the incubator to the brooder, I brought the temp and humidity inside my bathroom up to the temp in the incubator, then draped a dampened beach towel that I heated up in the microwave over the incubator to protect from any chance of draft, quickly transferring the babies to the brooder. The temp inside the incubator didn't change one bit, so I don't think I screwed anything up.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

Thank you!

2. IrishBoy

IrishBoy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2009
    some people will tell you that you have indeed screwed it all up but yesterday was day 24 and finally my last good egg hatched! .. i had two hatch day 20. one day 21 one day 22 and one day 24 ... so ... i'd say give them another day .. hold one to your ear to see can you hear tapping , thats how i knew to wait ..good luck !

3. mulia24

mulia24 Chillin' With My Peeps

give them a chance.

you can wait till 2 days more i tough.

just keep it very wet in there, humidity 65-75, temp stable and they will doing it will even with you open the bator for 24 hours and i think that won't be hard to make with power available 24 hours/day.

good luck and godspeed. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by