Almost done with my Franken-tractor

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by DLCShark, Feb 24, 2015.

1. DLCShark

DLCShark Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2014
    This is my Franken-tractor.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can tell why I named it that. I've got pieces from past projects tied up into it. It has taken me forever to finish it because our family is very busy and I'm making it up as I go. Here was my original idea for it.

[​IMG]

I still have a ways to go. I have to add a handle for moving it around, a handle and catch for the tin door on top, the front mesh and a single nesting box in the back. I plan on using this for a few meat birds first then we will see what I can do with it next.

Let me know what you think. If you have any improvement suggestions I'm all ears. Thanks!

2. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Looking good!

3. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    It looks pretty good....good wire.
    How big is it and how will you use it?
    The gap from the wheels might be a problem.

4. DLCShark

DLCShark Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2014

I haven't measured it since I butted the two pieces together. I want to use it for a small batch of meaties this upcoming spring(it will be my first time trying those). As for the gap. The wheels merely slip on and off. The tractor sits squarely on the ground with no wheels on it. To me it beats sliding/dragging it.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by