Almost done

archerobx

Songster
10 Years
Feb 4, 2009
Pa
Had a bad storm about a month back and it destroyed a metal shed at my sons daycare. talked to maintance man and I took every piece that wasnt mangaled. Took a very large shed and barley had enough to make this coop. Please feel free to critique.

IMG_1621.jpg

IMG_1626.jpg

Front
IMG_1627.jpg

inside of back

You lucky duck, no pun intended~~~my husband won't let me bring stuff home, and I can find some of the best things!!! I guess it stems from the time I went to an auction, and the auctioneer knew a sucker when he saw one and I bought three trucks full of stuff for a $100. You are doing an awesome job!!! Love the color of the roof!!!
thumbsup.gif

Wife wants it out of the garage, like yesterday, lol.

Now I am trying to figure out the roosts and nesting boxes.

should the roosts be by the windows so they can look out? does it matter to them?

Fortunate find, there. Won't the chickens freeze in the winter and cook in the summer?

Looks very nice. I think you have enough ventilation that there should be enough air flow to regulate temperatures. I would consider pp's concerns regarding overheading/cooling though and test it with a thermometer in full sun.

Also, are you going to cover the peak openings with some type of wire/wood, etc? The only other concern to our feathered friends I see is that lower window you have cut. Are there any sharp edges that may injure your flock?

I wish I had this kind of luck. I need some siding to recycle in the building of my coop!

Good luck with the coop!

Lori

appreciate the questions.

I have made panels that will cover the sides in the winter and they will be attached with wing nuts

The peaks will have metal panels and will add some type of vent.

The windows are plexi glass and and held in with rivits.

tried to use rivits or bolts were they will not come in contact with them. The places that are sharp or have screws was thinking of caulking them or silicone them so they are not sharp.

I am concerned about winter, I will be adding a light with a thermostat.

thanks again

Back
Top Bottom