Almost hatch day!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Dogwood Farm, May 12, 2009.

1. Dogwood Farm

Dogwood Farm Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2009
    And I can't wait. I bet the old hen doesn't stress as much as I have these last 17 days over these eggs. I'm going to have to use 3 sponges I think to get the humidity up but at least I've figured out what's needed. With three I can get it up to 61 %. We are on day 17. One more turning of the eggs tonight and then we play wait and see. Started with 15 down to 12 right now. Culled two. One never developed the other stopped very early on. Might be 2 more but not sure. But from candling diffently have movement in at 9 of them. I would love to see all nine hatch but am going to be tickled pick with half. Going to be a very exciting weekend here I hope. Fingers crossed for us everyone. [​IMG]

2. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

Good Luck! [​IMG]

3. mamanaturale

mamanaturale Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    spokane, wa
    oh good luck on your hatch! mine are going to hatch in a couple of days as well!

4. jacyjones

jacyjones Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2008
    Aberystwyth, Wales
    Mine too!! This is the end of day 18 for me and the wait is unbearable!! I keep looking but nothing has changed yet. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] for us all!

Last edited: May 12, 2009
  5. chickie_mama

chickie_mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Lula, GA
    Good Luck [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by