almost stole a chicken...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chickenbottom, Jun 7, 2011.

1. chickenbottom

chickenbottom Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    ever since code enforcement made me get rid of mine i go to my moms house her neighbor has chickens and they get out of the fence and onto the road i grabbed one and gave it a big hug lol. but i didnt steal it i put it back over the fence. i wanted to keep it over for the night lol

anyone have any cute chicken pictures to cheer me up?

2. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2009
    Winfield
    Absolutely true story here:
    We ended up having to get rid of my chickens after I had brain surgery. Before long, I was seeing a beautiful bantam hen on the right of way pecking around. I started carrying some snacks, and got her where she would see the car pull up, and come running out at me. Before she got this tame, I was standing out there on the side of the road, calling and tossing pieces of bread in the shrubs. I happened to see my neighbor's husband (that didn't know me too well), so I went up to his house, and told him what I was doing. He looked doubtful, but didn't say much about it. I got home and told hubby about it, and he said "Well, now I'm gonna have to explain to him that you are crazy as a bat, and we don't have any hedgebushes here for you to talk to, so you go down there and talk to those". We laughed it off, until other people would stop while I was feeding her, and say "Look, there REALLY IS a chicken in there"! I guess something got her, because she didn't come out one day, and I never saw her again. I didn't bring her home, because I had no where safe to keep her. Something would have gotten her here, too.[​IMG]

3. chickenbottom

chickenbottom Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    aww. thats sad. as soon as i find a new place im getting them back just in a couple months

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by