Almost There!!

Roley

Chirping
Jan 19, 2019
Sanford, FL (near Orlando)
Cochin has been sitting on her eggs for 23 days. 5 total have hatched starting 3.5 days ago, still several in the nest. She has left the nest to feed the babies and looks like she's creating a new nest out of the box (on the ground). I hear chirping in one egg and tapping in another, the rest look like they will hatch any day as well. Will the 2 that are about to hatch survive without her sitting on them? I do think she still goes into the nest box at night. Will that be enough for them to break through? I live in FL and it is about 90 degrees and extremely humid. I do not have an incubator. Any ideas? I don't want to lose the ones that are so close. Please help :)
(picture was from yesterday when she was still on the eggs)

Attachments

• IMG_5248.png
    IMG_5248.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 6
I wish I knew better at 3.5 days but I am glad you are feeding the chicks in the nest while waiting for the others! Hopefully some others will chime in!

Good luck with the broody Cochin!!

I wish I knew better at 3.5 days but I am glad you are feeding the chicks in the nest while waiting for the others! Hopefully some others will chime in!

Good luck with the broody Cochin!!
Thank you!! One of the abandoned eggs is starting to hatch!! Mama is back on the eggs for the night. Hoping she'll pull through tonight before mom gets back off in the morning <3. Thanks again for your reply :)

Back
Top Bottom