Aloha, I'm Shay

shaystudios

In the Brooder
Jun 10, 2020
I'm brand spanking new to chickens! A lost chicken wandered into our front yard the day before Easter Sunday 2020, and we fed her. She came back the next day and the next. So I got a little coop for her and she stayed! That's the how and why we got into raising backyard chickens...except ours are in the front yard. :)

Right now I have 7 chickens: 2 silkies, 3 easter eggers, 1 silver laced wyandotte, 1 buff orpington.

My favorite part of all of this is playing with the chickens--just watching them, having a good excuse to be outside, feeling like they are part of this circle of life--fertilizing the soil, we eat their eggs, our garden gets nourished by the compost they contribute to...it's all so grounding and good.

My other hobbies--I surf, dance hula, garden, have 3 kids, also have a frenchie, a cat, a parakeet and some guppies. :)

I'm a graphic designer. I've been reading the forums on this site for a while now (since Easter) and really get so so much out of it. I finally joined because I wanted to find out the gender of one of my chicks. Probably a lot of other people's story too! haha

Back
Top Bottom