Already Addicted

Mentzer6

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 30, 2010
Hello all! I'm from the Missouri Ozarks and technically got into chickens last year when my husband brought home 12 day old Rhode Island Red/Speckled Sussex Crosses. I raised them, with great fear. We gave back the 5 roos and kept the 7 hens. After I realized they were going to be fine and I needed to relax, we added 2 Silkie roos to our clan. Then in the fall, we were given 9 older hens. This spring we have gotten chick fever and have been buying chicks like mad. Our family thinks we have lost it. We have so many kinds, shapes, sizes. We also have some ducks and an African Goose, all new to us this spring. Oh and two of our older hens and one of our younger ones have gone broody. Hopefully this week we may see what mutts hatch out. Wasn't prepared for it though and they are in our coop where the girls lay.........
roll.png

Looking forward to learning a lot more and making some chicken friends who won't ask us "Why" when we say we bought chickens!

Christy:D

Hi there! Welcome from western Kentucky (born & raised in SEMO!). I can guarantee the question asked of you here in regard to getting / buying chicks / chickens will not be "why?" but rather, "why not MORE?"
gig.gif
!! You'll find a large crowd of enablers here who are determined to sweep all unsuspecting newcomers into the whirlpool of "more" .
big_smile.png
Prepare to be swept along into the wonderful world of chickens, and enjoy every minute of it!
big_smile.png
welcome-byc.gif

Last edited:
Welcome to BYC, glad you decided to join us. Good luck with your birds. When your friends say why, you say why not. We have friends who will not buy store bought eggs any more, they want ours. How sweet.

Back
Top Bottom