Already getting sick - what are your cold remedies?

lengel

Songster
11 Years
Apr 30, 2008
MA
I have my first cold of the season. Slept most of the day and am now wide awake, sneezing my brains out. We're going to a wedding in 14 hours. I would skip it but there will only be 22 guests so not so easy to do.

Have you gotten sick yet this season? What are your remedies?

As soon as you feel that feeling that it's going to start....

Use ZICAM. It REALLY works!!! I have not had a cold since I found it two years ago. Go to the drug store and buy it now, please!!!! I use the spray at the first signs of sickness.

It should be something that is always on hand.

I swear by zinc tablets. But you have to start taking them at the first sign of a cold. They just make the cold go away faster.

Gin and tonic, lots of sleep, and a sick day or two from work.
wink.png

It works even better if you're not sick.

I work in a corporate building with lots of inconsiderate people who come in sick and spread their germs. Everyone teases me about my hand sanitizer bottles on my desk, but I swear by them! Yesterday for the first time ever I decided to get a flu shot... we'll see if it works.

I agree with everyone else on the zinc/ziacam whatever your pick is. It won't get rid of the cold but it does stunt the length of time you're sick.

Feel Better Soon!!

1000 mg. (1 gram) of Vitamin C and 50 mg. of zinc daily from the first hint of cooler weather right through till spring. I used to work with a special needs population and those guys brought every virus home from the day school. I was the only one that never got sick.
Also, hand sanitizer religiously.

Back
Top Bottom