Already plotting next years order (OH NO!)

Zahboo

Simply Stated
10 Years
Feb 3, 2009
Hope Mills, NC
So, I am building my coop this summer, and can't wait. I built my bantam tractor this winter and bought my now 6 bantams. All is well in brooder land. Waiting for the 3 week olds to grow before moving them out. Anyway, I am already planning what breeds I want in my standard coop. I have room for 16, and will be ordering 20 chicks, so that if some die, or are roosters (ordering pullets) I will be about the right number. So, here we go!

Light Brahma-3
White Leghorn- 2
Buff Orpington- 3
Salmon Favorrelles (sp?) - 2
Black Australorp- 3
Easter Eggers-2
Red Cochin- 3
Silver Laced Wyandotte- 2

I want a big mixture. I want good egg production, but also pets. I can't wait to have them
wee.gif

I wish I had the room for 16 birds
smile.png

Are you selling their eggs, do you plan on making any of them meat birds? Looks like they are all good layers, I'd love that many and am wondering what I'd actually do with them all
wee.gif
Probably a dozen eggs per day right? Any roos?

~Mark

No roos. I wish, but just don't have the space for crowing. Our neighbors are important to us and mom says she ain't getting grudges over crowing. The way our land is, small, and the house is REALLY in the way lol. With ordinances, we are only supposed to have 10 per acre, but.... We aren't getting any roosters to keep the knowing silent
hide.gif

Actually, we have 2 acres, so we are legal, but over half is a wooded area and is cut off by the corn field. We rent and I guess he wanted to expand his corn field... It's weird, but fun to take the shepherd running through the wood
bun.gif

I have my bantams and then these. My mom knows people that want eggs, plus we can eat a dozen or 2 a week. We eat eggs and grits every morning, plus sometimes the famous dinner that is breakfast. The house consists of 3 people, but magically they smell the food and we end up with 5 or 6 in the morning and on the weekends OH NO

Back
Top Bottom