Alright first timer setting in the morning...Making sure...

CranberryCreekFarm

Songster
8 Years
Apr 6, 2011
Maine
Newbie at this. Checked my eggs for fertility already. Collected 8 over the last 3 days. Kept them in a carton pointed end down, tilting the box daily to prevent sticking. Incubator has been running at 99-101 all day, and though I do not have a monitor, it feels nice and humid, and there is some condensation. I have a little Giant incubator, still air, no automatic turner and I've marked my eggs with an x and o on either side with a pencil.

Setting them in the am, and if I have a good success rate I plan on getting 2 more incubators to use for my other breeds as well as ducks.

I know to turn them 3-4 times a day except at lockdown time and to increase humidity then as well. Would damp sponges help?

Anything that I forgot or am doing wrong???

Also, selling hatching eggs, so reallyw ant to make sure I am holding them right! thanks

Last edited:
It sounds as if you have it all down!
smile.png
I wish you a successful hatch!

I'm new at this as well but my research says to turn them and odd number of times a day. 3 or 5 Condensation sound like the humidity might be too high for the first 18 days. Shouldn't be more than 50% and increased at the end only. I would go lower on humidity than higher for the first 18 days.
Good luck.

over the last 2 weeks I cracked open my eggs and checked for the white spot on the yolks that I saw on another thread. All of the 13 eggs I opened up were fertile, so I'm hoping the 8 i'll be putting in the bater are as well.

Back
Top Bottom