Am I an Ameraucana or EE?

Oh ok! Is there any way that i can tell this is an EE later when shes older?
They spelled the name wrong for one and most hatcheries and feed stores don’t sell true Ameraucanas (correct spelling). Only a couple do. Also true Ams usually always specify a color because they only come in certain colors. They also cost a lot more. So if they didn’t say a color or you didn’t pay more when you bought her, she’s most likely not one. And lastly, and most importantly, Ameraucanas don’t come in this color pattern. Also true Ams should always lay blue whereas EEs can lay green, pink, or even brown. Pretty much any color. And they come in any feather color too where Ams only come in specific patterns.

http://ameraucanabreedersclub.org/standard.html

Alright, thanks for telling me! I have had EEs in the past, and never an americauana, but she seems to be an EE instead.
I've had the same problem and had to search for a breeder close to me. I was bamboozled a couple of times, so I was really careful this go around. I would use the link TheDawg provided to find a true ameraucana breeder. I hope you are able to find one in the future!

BTW your bird is adorable, regardless

Back
Top Bottom