Am I crazy?

Mother Hen to 6

Songster
8 Years
Apr 25, 2014
Kentucky
So I think I have chicken fever! I have the 4 silkie chicks and 1 mille fleur roo.. I have 3 more full grown millies and 1 chick im going to go pick up this week... I also will be ordering 25 silkies this week.. now I have found polish chicks for a really good deal.. would I be nuts for getting some of them too?

It strongly depends on your space. More is very often NOT better, it is worse. Over crowding causes lots of problems that can be ugly to deal with. What I tell myself, when I get this urge, is I have years to try different breeds. My hens get old and die, and I can replace them.

However, that being, I too am beginning to think chicks! Just waiting for a broody hen.

Well I have decided not to order chicks until next spring.. I found a few that arr local and a few weeks old so just gonna get them.. I got 2 tonight.. I have a small barn with 2 parts to it.. one will be the coop and the smaller side will be for my kids rabbits... gonna make a big run coming off the side of the barn for them.. the inside is about 250-300 sf.. I cant wait!

Back
Top Bottom