Am I genius, or what?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by mylittlechickpea, Nov 14, 2010.

1. mylittlechickpea

mylittlechickpea Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2010
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I think I give myself too much credit sometimes, lol....

So this morning in my search for breakfast, I finally figured it out.

Pre-make a bunch of nice home made waffles and freeze them!! Who would have thought in there wildest dreams this could ever be possible..

certainly much cheaper than the boxed kind at the grocery store and I can make whatever I want!

I also put tin foil in the drip pans on my stove the other day.. To make cleaning easier. Am I just now figuring out life?

2. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I had a similar thing happen recently. I was telling a friend that I wanted to order pizza from this place that has excellent and HUGE pizza. I told her my only problem is that they have these great specials, buy one get a second for free, so I end up with a ton of pizza which I can't eat fast enough because it goes bad. I said "I always end up wasting the second pizza". My friend said, "Oh, you need to freeze the second pizza" and then explained that she'll get two pizzas, and let one cool and then wraps the slices individually in tin foil, then puts them in freezer bags and freezes them. Then when she's in the mood for pizza, she takes out an individually wrapped slice, opens the tin foil and sticks the slice and the foil into the toaster oven.

I thought that was the most brilliant idea ever! And I also felt like an idiot that it had never occurred to me before! [​IMG]

3. MeatKing

MeatKing Chillin' With My Peeps

Haha, yes I would say this is a great idea, I do this too :0) I also do it with pancakes, just pop them in the toaster! I also make homemade blueberry bran muffins, I just make batter put into muffin tray with liners, freeze, pull them out put in plastic baggy in freezer. pop them out in the am and(put back in muffin tin) then bake!! Perfect! I'm just figuring things out too! My time in the am, just goes soo quick getting everyone ready for the day. Before kids we didn't need to know this, we had all the time in the world [​IMG]
    Love to hear all these time saving tricks!

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Ok you too are funny!!!

5. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:In Imagine That, Eddie Murphy movie, he asked the housekeeper to do that with pancakes... got me to thinking... I DO have a waffle maker... that I hate using 'cuz it's messy and takes forever... why not do a big batch?

But then I got distracted and forgot... thanks for the reminder!

6. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    You are truly genius![​IMG]:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow (edited to add that not all of the smilies seem to agree.[​IMG])

Last edited: Nov 14, 2010
  7. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Quote:[​IMG]: yuckyuck: yuckyuck:bow:bow

Now I cannot figure out the smilies, May need heat in the house at 50 degrees it's hard to type! Going to build a fire!

Last edited: Nov 17, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by