Am i gonna get a red laced blue

Pampered chicken girl

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
Apr 10, 2022
9,831
76,409
1,146
I wanted to order some blue laced red wyandottes.....but......then I red this does this mean I might not even get a blue laced red I might get gold laced or splash I don't want that. I have seen other hatcheries guarantee blue laced red. Maybe I am reading this wrong 🤔
Screenshot_20220618-141631_Chrome~2.jpg
 
Some hatcheries break up the colors. Used to be you just got the blue laced red, but now you can end up with any of the three colors.
 
With the way BBS genetics works breeding blue x blue yields 25% black, 50% blue, and 25% splash.

A lot of hatCheries “blue laced reds” I’ve noticed don’t even have the mahogany gene, and are blue laced golds.

So with BBS you have a 25% chance at black laced gold, 50% at blue laced gold, and 25% at splash laced gold.
 

New posts New threads Active threads

Back
Top Bottom