Am I outta my mind? Hubby is gonna shoot me..

havi

[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si
11 Years
Mar 23, 2008
Waco, Texas
Okay so I have a broody hen right now that is sitting on 6 Golden Cuckoo Marans eggs that I got from Melissa(pasofinofarm). Well on the 9th I ordered 3 Golden Sex-Links from Ideal and they are arriving the same day as my GCM are hatching, this Wednesday. Well I dont know what came over me, but at the last minute I thought I would see if I could add to my order. Sure enough the nice sales rep at Ideal told me to call the night before or the morning of and ask if they had "a 100% hatch." Sooooo I now have coming this Wed. 3 Sex-Links, 2 EEs, and 2 white leghorns. DH is so gonna kill me. Just recently I talked him into letting me go bigger on the coop. So it will now be 8x10. What have I gotten myself into?
th.gif

Quote:
Ditto..... And somehow mine thinks it me that puts up with him
big_smile.png

ETA: Congratulations on the new additions
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I orginally bought 7 thinking I might lose 2 (free range) to predators etc...
I didn't, then I ordered 6 more. I am trying desperately not to order 25 or more. Must....fight urge....to order.....more....chicks!
droolin.gif

I really am trying to overcome this horrid addiction.

As I was standing in the coop this evening, counting hens and looking at the juvies, I thought, "What on earth have I done?" I've got 29 eggs in the bator due to hatch Fri/Sat! I've got to vaccinate all of these chickens this weekend! Have I gone completely mad?

I walked out of the coop and smiled.

Yup!

Tell me about it! I started off telling hubby I ONLY wanted one chicken. Found out you at least have to have two. Now Im on number 19 come this Wed.
cool.png
I only ordered the extra four this morning thinking, well I'll at least have one roo in those eggs. Cause I mean, come on...how often is it that you incubate 6 eggs and get all 6 girls? At least these I will be able to sex the day they hatch, so I can get rid of the roos.

Quote:
Ditto..... And somehow mine thinks it me that puts up with him
big_smile.png

ETA: Congratulations on the new additions
big_smile.png

heehe..ooh, you ARE good!....
gig.gif

I started out wanting only about 4 or 5 now I have 30 something chickens, fixin to put eggs in the bator tomorrow or the next day, looking for a few more breeds and colors. Not to mention my quail.

Back
Top Bottom