am I overfeeding my ducks?

3Ducks

In the Brooder
7 Years
Aug 29, 2012
I raised 3 ducks from babies ...currently give them their poultry crumble and it is out at all times. In the morning I give them eggs lettuce peas and some noodles.then I see them at night and give them a little bit of crackers.....do I have them on too much of a feeding schedule? I do this everyday like clockwork..my female is showing a little to much demandment when I dont have food...she will start ripping hard with her beak on a big bag and then look at me and my hands...

Ducks are animals that usually don't over-eat, so don't be too worried. However, I don't think you should be feeding them noodles and crackers every day. Occasionally it is a nice treat for them, but foods that are processed for humans like that are difficult for ducks to digest and can sometimes mess up their organs. If you are concerned they are getting overweight, you may want to switch from crumble to pellets and remove the yolk when you give them eggs. Hope this helps!

I see spoiled ducks...lol I agree with amnich. You may want to back off on the treats to a couple times a week. You kinda have to bite the spoilage a little. They are very good foragers for food and they don't seem to overeat. May take a while for the ducks to get used to the routine change but it will work out. Have fun with the waterfowl... Steve

Its winter time here and there is nothing for them to forage on....its hard not to spoil them..lol. I will cut back though..thanks

I dont really feed them to much crackers but they are hooked on the noodles ..I fed them it before winter to fatten them up a bit but didnt realize im doin them harm..I cant think of any other treat theywill eat

Back
Top Bottom