Am I right? Breed guessing game!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by warmfuzzies, Sep 30, 2011.

1. warmfuzzies

warmfuzzies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Boondocks, Colorado
    These are assorted brown egg layers from Welp.

These are the only ones with rose combs. I am guessing Golden Laced Wyandottes.
    [​IMG]

Partridge rock. I have had these before, see my avatar? [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These are the only ones that are really puzzling me. Straight comb, pinkish legs. They aren't really bright yellow, so I was leaning towards buff, but those little feathers look white to me. White rock? Or maybe a male sexlink? My FIL had 20 red sexlinks in the order, would they have thrown some males in? We did get extras.
    [​IMG]

Here is another yellow one, see the darker buff back but still white feathers.
    [​IMG]

Here is a sexlink (red arrow) next to a yellow one (green arrow) for comparison.
    [​IMG]

2. Minniechickmama

Minniechickmama Senora Pollo Loco

Sep 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    Maybe the questionable one is a Buff Orp?

3. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    it could be a roo

4. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    You are right on the Wyandotte. heehee I love their messy zorro masks when they're young.

The gold ones with the stripes are female Red SLs, the lighter one may be a light female or a male SL. The males are supposed to be pure yellow, but I've had one that was yellow with little stripes. He still turned all manly on me, the rascal.

Either way, they're 100% lovable! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by