am I the only non-girly one around??

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Crazy4Chicks, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    I was posting earlier that I love to go fishing , bait my hook,clean my own fish etc....

And I realize that I am not very girly -

I dont wear makeup very often

I love a pair of jeans - I will not wear a dress unless someone hog ties me and makes me where it

I dont spend alot of time or money fussing on my hair - I normally let it grow long enough to donate it to the locks of love foundation

I dont do the bubble bath thing -

I guess the only thing girly I do is I love to get my nails done - just so I can put on a pair of work gloves and put up a fence and build a chicken coop

am I the only non-girly here??

Julie

2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Well, you're more girly than I am I guess since I've never had my nails done in my life and haven't even bought a bottle of nail polish in 30+ years!! I've always been a tomboy.

3. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    I've always been called a tom boy, but I am Tommy girl(DH name [​IMG] ). Love to be outdoors and think it is a big waste to get all dolled up. I think that is why the husbands friends like me so much. I can out shoot and out fish most of them. [​IMG] They sure find it impressive.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2008
  4. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    No.
    I also don't wear make-up except for dress-up times.
    I usually wear jeans, often wear flannel over my tank top, but do get all fancied up sometimes.
    I don't do my nails, except to trim them and slop some clear polish every now and then.
    I only color my hair because I got tired of listening to my kids laugh at the gray hair that THEY brought upon me!
    I played the drums all through high school and college; no girlie flute or clarinet even after Mom begged...
    I was usually rock-climbing & rapelling with the guys on weekends.
    I worked building theatre sets for several years, and would build a coop except DH won't let me. Offering to was what motivated him to build me one!

No, you are not alone. I've never been a girlie girl...

Last edited: Jan 31, 2008
  5. stephys_fluffybutts

stephys_fluffybutts Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2007
    chickensmackdown
    I am girly. But I like to roll around in chicken poo. ITS FUN!!!

6. unionwirewoman

unionwirewoman Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2007
    Kalispell , MT
    Let's see........hunt every year, fish as much as I can , fix my own truck , I'm a Union app. wireman , rode bulls for 10yrs , too much to list .....so you're not alone .[​IMG]

7. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

NON GIRLIES UNITE [​IMG]
    I dont wear makeup...do my hair..or nails.......I would rather be outside mowing,weedeating,chainsawing ,brush hogging...... YEAH.......would rather fight than switch [​IMG]
    When I worked I DID all those girlie things..........but see no reason to have to clean dirt and wood chips and grass and chicken poop and duck poop out from underneath perty nails.......mind you.....if I had ANYTHING in my life that warranted perty.....I would do it.....but I dont....so I dont [​IMG]
    I am aiming for a head of long gray hair in a bun kinda look....well I have the long hair but alas.......hardly any gray , noone in my family grays fast......well hardly anyone... but I will have a bun non the less and be in wranglers ![​IMG] OH and I do drive a truck only......just no fishin.....find it boring ~[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2008
  8. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I wonder if ANY other girlie or non girlie can top the riding bull thing !

9. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    I think you'll find you have lots of company here.

10. Parson's Wife

Parson's Wife Blessed Abundantly

Jan 22, 2008
    Arkansas
    Well, I'm very girlie... I always wear dresses, always like to look nice, whether in the chicken pen, or in church, I love to fish, I bait my own hook, clean (sometimes, why do that if you have someone that will?) I go hunting (when I have a chance, photography) love to ride horses, love the farm life, I'm a pretty good hand at milking, roping and I'm a pretty good shot w/ rifle or 22 handgun (Love skeet shooting). I take great pride in being able to be sufficient outdoors or in...I love to garden, plants, flowers...I love to decorate the house, church, cakes, and sew (not expert, but passable) & quilt...and I try to do as much as possible outdoors as in. I love my life. I love my family. I love being a woman, and I love, absolutely love, being a mother. I will also add that I have a pretty good selection of jean skirts...which may be similar to your jeans...[​IMG] but prefer pretty lightweight dresses in the summer with the humidity...very girlie...and I like to think," femimine"...it's not a bad thing...nor does it take effort really...nor a lot of "primping"!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by