Am I the only one going hatch crazy??

tadpole98

Songster
7 Years
Mar 20, 2012
Missouri
Oh goodness.. I just got my incubator two months ago and I have already hatched out two batches and next week doing a third and another for the NYD hatch along.. I CANT STOP!!!!

Join the club darling, join the club. (I have 12 mutt duck eggs in mine right now, hatched 19 runner ducks in the last month, and am eagerly waiting two weeks after worming my flock to let them get back to laying good hatching eggs, then loading the incubator again!)

big_smile.png

I made a styrofoam incubator at the end of June and got 14 quails, then bought 2 LG and got 16 chickens on 7/29 and 18 chickens on 8/21. Then built cabinet incubator and got 59 on 9/16 and 61 on 9/24, 48 on the 10/23 and 98 on the 10/28. You are not alone. Just sold some chicks to make room for future hatch. I am building a new incubator now, almost done. This one has many things that I add on from my experience. Separate door for adding water and escape door for hatched chicks. I like your signature, I love Jesus too. Actually, watching a chick hatching make me think a lot about the creator.

I made a styrofoam incubator at the end of June and got 14 quails, then bought 2 LG and got 16 chickens on 7/29 and 18 chickens on 8/21. Then built cabinet incubator and got 59 on 9/16 and 61 on 9/24, 48 on the 10/23 and 98 on the 10/28. You are not alone. Just sold some chicks to make room for future hatch. I am building a new incubator now, almost done. This one has many things that I add on from my experience. Separate door for adding water and escape door for hatched chicks. I like your signature, I love Jesus too. Actually, watching a chick hatching make me think a lot about the creator.
Ohhh I know about the separate door for water!! I didnt think about it when i spent three days making a tiny coop and when i was all finished with my 'masterpeice', i realized i am gonna have to have a tiny waterer and shovel to water them and clean it out... So i took it ALL apart LOL

Back
Top Bottom