Am i the only one?

cms1113

Songster
10 Years
Feb 2, 2009
DE
I got my first egg yesterday and now i find myself checking the nesting boxes like every hour!! I have a problem!

lol.png

I know that one ! Mine just started laying about a week ago and now Im fighthing myself not to go out every hour also ! Ive started getting two eggs a day ( exceot yesterday
rant.gif
) but I am totally praying for all 6 ladies to just one day give me 6 eggs !
fl.gif

It is a feeling of accomplishment even though we humans really didn't do anything.
I grew up with chickens but I remember the first flock of brown leghorns that were mine. ( had a seperate spot in the barn) I raised them for show and got to keep the money from the sale of their eggs.
I was so proud and happy when I got my first eggs from those hens.

It's the excitement of something new. I still check mine early in the morning and again late morning and again in the evening. I was checking a lot more when they first started laying. Now...not so much.

you don't have a problem-My chickens have been laying for 3 months and I still check on them many many times throughout the day! I've only had 3 hens and 1 rooster for 8 months-they've become my smelly babies-and I have some nesting and praying I will become a new mommy!!

The only thing that keeps me from doing the same is I am sitting in a cube working 9 hrs. a day and it is a 20 min. drive home!

Quote:
Try waiting for the darned things to hatch!
barnie.gif

Im doing that too but the excitement of my hens laying eggs has me a little more relaxed about that.

I work nights so im home all day so i can go peak all day long!!!

Back
Top Bottom