amaruacana chickens

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by rollkeeg877, Jan 4, 2013.

1. rollkeeg877

rollkeeg877 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2012
    london ontario
    ok so i was wondering about the pure bred amaruacanas i herd they were hard to come by cause they were just made like 100 years ago or something so there kinda rare and also about selling them cause I'm getting some and when i sell the chicks this spring will people actually want this breed or is it not the most popular breed on the list to sell and i live in Canada so i guess there even harder to get here

2. cubakid

cubakid Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2010
    No such thing as a pure bred amaruacana. If it is an amErAUcana that is a different story. But many people sell "pure bred ameraucana" that are not much more than a mutt.

3. rollkeeg877

Dec 4, 2012
    london ontario
    well the ones that I'm getting they are black and standard not bantam the person wants $50 for the pair and i looked at a hatchery and they wanted $35 for a doz eggs so they sound like they sell well is that cause of the blue eggs

4. rollkeeg877

Dec 4, 2012
    london ontario
    im not good at spelling it but yes the purebred ones cause if they werent pure breeds they wouldn't have been recognized by the APA right

5. cubakid

Aug 22, 2010
    The APA recognizes Ameraucanas as a breed, yes. But not all Ameraucanas are pure. People lie or are often misinformed.

6. rollkeeg877

Dec 4, 2012
    london ontario
    ok cause I'm getting the pure pure breeds and i know this for sure I'm getting a black standard pair then in the spring I'm gonna order from a hatchery that has purebreds that come in black blue and splash

7. cubakid

Aug 22, 2010
    Don't trust too many hatcheries. Even if they say true or pure Ameraucanas.

8. rollkeeg877

Dec 4, 2012
    london ontario
    ok ill take that into mind and saying that a lot of people trick you so meaning the purebreds are hard to come by and they would be even harder to come by in canada where I'm located because there an American breed that was just made in the 80s right

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by