Amateur homesteader

Yes! I bought fertile eggs from my local WinCo grocery store. I have no idea when they were layed, shipped, or how long they'd been refrigerated before I purchased them but this is the carton I bought. View attachment 3800357
I put 3 cold eggs under my broody hen on Saturday, February 17, and 2 hatched on Saturday, March 9th.
View attachment 3800358
They're 5 weeks today.

Congrats Mad, they are adorable ❤️

Yes! I bought fertile eggs from my local WinCo grocery store. I have no idea when they were layed, shipped, or how long they'd been refrigerated before I purchased them but this is the carton I bought. View attachment 3800357
I put 3 cold eggs under my broody hen on Saturday, February 17, and 2 hatched on Saturday, March 9th.
View attachment 3800358
They're 5 weeks today.
Super adorbs Mad! ❤

Congrats Mad, they are adorable ❤️
Super adorbs Mad! ❤
Thank you! Pretty sure one is a little cockerel
20240413_114015.jpg

I don't know of they're washed or not but they're from Petaluma, CA and the carton sell date said March 10.

Just married into an acreage with ducks, chickens, geese, turkey, goats, and a big white dog. I am wanting to do so much and have so many questions! First of all, I have duck eggs I want to incubate, and my mom came over today, and washed them...
Thank you! I really hope they aren't ruined. I might still try and candle weekly to see if there is any progress.
Welcome to BYC! I hope you still give it a try! You never know until you try and keep us posted! You may be helping someone learn through by your experience; because my Google search told me refrigerated eggs would not develop 🤷‍♀️ but here I am with Penelope and Don 😂

View attachment 3800358
They're 5 weeks today.
That's encouraging!

For anyone interested!

All 7 duck eggs (from the washed bunch) seem to be doing well in the incubator. I see movement with a flashlight under them, and now, at 25 days, 4 of them have pipped! I can even hear chirping :D I'm excited to see what happens!
Good luck! Please post some pictures when they hatch.

For anyone interested!

All 7 duck eggs (from the washed bunch) seem to be doing well in the incubator. I see movement with a flashlight under them, and now, at 25 days, 4 of them have pipped! I can even hear chirping :D I'm excited to see what happens!
Super egg-citing! Keep us posted!

Back
Top Bottom