Amazing Chicken Stories Contest!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by roostersandhens, Nov 28, 2013.

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Maybe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Hello,
    I am hosting a contest! :) Write here about any chicken stories that you have experienced with your flock. The stories must show that your chicken has done something impressive. I am not sure how many winners I will have. So, I am writing a book titled "Amazing Chicken Stories". If you post a story here you have given me permission to use it in my book. If I can publish the book, I will give all people who's stories were included, the book for free. I will announce the winners once enough stories that seem like they could be in the book have been entered. The book is just a book about different impressive stories about chickens. I already have 3 stories. If you could include a picture of that chicken.

Rules:
    * Chickens Only
    * The stories must be appropriate
    * All BYC rules apply
    * IT MUST BE A TRUE STORY!!!!
    * Have Fun

I will be rewriting the stories in my own words. I hope I can get it published, again if I do the people who win the contest will each get one free. If you win keep in mind it may not be published. Once again I am going to say TRUE STORY! That may be obvious I
    Just don't want any confusion. You can post as many (true) stories as you want.

Thanks So Much and Have Fun!!

Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
  2. ChemicalchiCkns

ChemicalchiCkns Out Of The Brooder

Oct 27, 2012
    All I can think of, is my white Wyndote that tried to wing Dance another Hen.

3. Wow, I have 2 chickens that have done amazing things that show that they are smart! Nobody else does?

4. ChemicalchiCkns

Oct 27, 2012
    Does a broody Hen driving off a Hawk, count?

5. sure tell the story!

6. ChemicalchiCkns

Oct 27, 2012
    I had a broody Orpolington, who went Broody in a Buckett, on a neighbors Property, with 18 eggs. After removing to the back Yard, she hatcht the Eggs and mothered them around the Grass. one Day, a medium Hawk invaded and tried to dispoyl her of Chicks, which she replied to, and sav'd the Chicks.

7. Nickeyo

Nickeyo Chillin' With My Peeps

Wel I have one. I have ex battery hens that have no fear. One day my neighbouring farmers fox hounds got loose and ran onto my land. My chickens were out free ranging and the hounds Burst in, my rooster and pure breeds ran off screaming but not my battery hens, they ran or the dogs and launched them selves at the dogs. The dogs began to circle the hens. Then my oldest hen jump at the dog and beat it up, the other dog turned and fled followed by the other.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by