Amazing Chicken

MissChick@dee

~ Dreaming Of Springtime ~
Aug 18, 2017
Caliente Nevada
1E144851-F746-423C-A558-8ED42C2ADA9E.jpeg
I believe I have an amazing chicken. Her name is Judy. I thought it would be fun to share just one of her stories in hopes that you would share some of yours. I’m retired and spend hours a day (for the last couple years) trying to build a garden in the middle of the desert. Chickens are my companions. So here goes...a little back story of Judy. She’s the only chicken I had left (a whole different story) this spring I bought 3 chicks. Now mind you Judy received tons of attention and I swear she understands English. Judy was NOT happy at all about the newbies, she’d scream her disapproval. The first time I tried to show the new ones how to get into the coop for the night (ladder made like a pallet) I got so frustrated. I said “Judy! Show these babies!” I tapped a finger on the rungs and low and behold Judy walked up the rungs. She stopped just shy of the door I said ALL the way in and she did. She will help me round them up. I can say without looking up “go get the babies go nite nite” and we’ll you guessed it that’s just what she does.
We have hawks (too many) so with the newbies I try to teach them. I make a certain call for hawks and we all run to the covered run. I SCREAM when when they dive in the yard (it works) wouldn’t you know it we had a close call, Judy clucked something in Chickenese’ and herded them into the pen. LOL she doesn’t even like them (or does she) She’s forever being a turd in their punch bowl, all bossy maybe plucking a feather here and there. Anyways...I think she’s amazing! Wait till you hear how she show’d them how to use a egg box (maybe next time) Do you have an Amazing Chicken???

that's it ? You get us all interested and then quit. :hitI loved your story and yes, I believe chickens, dogs, ducks etc. can be amazing - the closer the bond you have to them & vice versa helps us understand their actions . What an ackward sentence. I don't have your gift.

Please continue for our sake.

Back
Top Bottom