Ameracaunas when do they lay? Special circumstances though.

Crazy4mypeeps

Chirping
8 Years
May 17, 2011
Nebraska
Ok, I can't seem to find an answer to this, so I'm hoping that someone can chime in here. I have three Ameracaunas, two of which got frost bit toes at the ladys house that we bought them from. I think that they are a little stunted from the "normal" one. As they all hatched at the same time. I believe that they are about 5-6 months old right now, at least from what she told me. She could not remember the exact hatch date. The normal one is considerably bigger than the other two, and her comb is much brighter than the other two. I've read that this is an indication that they will start laying. So I'm wondering if I'm right, in the aspect that we could expect eggs from her any day. I'm posting pictures so you can see the difference in the three.

I just love these little girls. They are just too cute.

Ambunch2.jpg

amerecaunas.jpg

The one that I'm asking about is the one in front in the second picture. Thanks everyone, in advance for the help!

Last edited:
Sorry about the first picture not showing up, I've fixed that so you can see the color of her comb compared to the other two. So I figure at the earliest then sometime in July and the latest October. I just can't wait to have blue eggs in the mix.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom