Ameraucana bred to SOP

What about the leg color at birth for assessing quality of breeding to SOP? It looks slate grey to me, but areas look lighter in spots too. Is this something that is concerning or is that normal and they even out to a slate grey as they grow? Here is examples of the legs of what I mean. I know my Ayam Cemani babies legs darkened as they grew, but wasn’t sure what it meant with ameraucana. The tips of the toes seem lighter to me but I’m inexperienced.
That sweet face has very nice cheek fluff!! 😍😍 What a pretty baby (I’m guessing pullet)! I have found the slate color does darken some with age. I have also started practicing my skills at guessing genders on day olds. Totally based on nothing but my eye and comparing to the ones I have raised. Definitely share more pics! 😍😍

That sweet face has very nice cheek fluff!! 😍😍 What a pretty baby (I’m guessing pullet)! I have found the slate color does darken some with age. I have also started practicing my skills at guessing genders on day olds. Totally based on nothing but my eye and comparing to the ones I have raised. Definitely share more pics! 😍😍

I will deft put up more pics! I hope it is a girl.

Has anyone purchased ameraucana from spectrum poultry farm? I am picking up hatching eggs from them tomorrow. Supposedly she has been working on them for many years for quality. I would love anyone who has purchased them give some insight to the quality of the ameraucana.

Has anyone purchased ameraucana from spectrum poultry farm? I am picking up hatching eggs from them tomorrow. Supposedly she has been working on them for many years for quality. I would love anyone who has purchased them give some insight to the quality of the ameraucana.
:idunno

Never even heard of them.

Have you seen pictures of their stock?

Back
Top Bottom