Ameraucana laying white egg?

chick in the woods

In the Brooder
May 22, 2020
I have a young Wheaten Ameraucana who is at laying age and has been having physical changes and behaviour suggesting she is ready to start laying. I have found two very small eggs in the nest, today and 2 days ago. They are a creamy white, like my polish hen, only much smaller. Either my Ameraucana is laying white eggs or my Polish has laid 5 eggs in 3 days. 3 normal size, for her, and 2 very small. All my otber girls lay brown eggs. Which is more likely?

Attachments

• 20210306_170809.jpg
    20210306_170809.jpg
    554.9 KB · Views: 147
  • 20210306_161710.jpg
    20210306_161710.jpg
    475.9 KB · Views: 97
I have a young Wheaten Ameraucana who is at laying age and has been having physical changes and behaviour suggesting she is ready to start laying. I have found two very small eggs in the nest, today and 2 days ago. They are a creamy white, like my polish hen, only much smaller. Either my Ameraucana is laying white eggs or my Polish has laid 5 eggs in 3 days. 3 normal size, for her, and 2 very small. All my otber girls lay brown eggs. Which is more likely?
I know this was posted a while back, but I have the same issue. My Ameraucana started laying real late. when she was starting to lay, she was laying soft shell eggs in the beginning. I gave her some oyster shells to try and help but she just stopped for a while. She has been back up and egg-laying for about 3 weeks now and is laying eggs as you showed in the picture, skinny white eggs. after the time since you posted this, have the eggs your chicken is laying gotten blue, or are they staying about how they were before?

Agree that the legs look light. Also, blue is a shell color (as is white). It's not an added coating like brown is. Brown eggs can vary in color during a laying cycle. Blue and white eggs simply are what they are. Peel the membrane off of the inside of a blue egg and it's still blue. Peel it off of a brown egg and it's white. That's why brown eggs can vary in shade. It's just a tint added to the outside. Blue eggs on the other hand are due to the shell it's self actually being blue. Combine (what appears to be) light colored legs and (assuming they're from her) white eggs and I don't think you're dealing with an actual Ameraucana. On the other hand, they may not even be her eggs

Back
Top Bottom