Ameraucana or Easter Egger?

I thought eracuana
True Araucanas are rumpless (they are missing the few vertebrae that form the rump). Your bird appears just to be molting her tail feathers. Also true Araucanas do not have muffs. Instead they have tufts, which is an entirely different facial feathering. Hatcheries and feed stores frequently and incorrectly market their Easter Eggers as either Araucanas or Ameraucanas (both of which are true breeds) even though they are hybrids bred by crossing blue egg layers with brown egg layers to produce offspring that lay eggs in different colors. There is a good article at http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2011/09/ameraucana-easter-egger-or-araucana.html explaining the different between true Araucanas, true Ameraucanas, and Easter Eggers.

No,sh is rumpless she has a pea comb her legs are greenish and idk the bottoms i can get a better pick tommorow.i searched and what i found is she is and eraucana

No,sh is rumpless she has a pea comb her legs are greenish and idk the bottoms i can get a better pick tommorow.i searched and what i found is she is and eraucana
You're not listening. She has muffs, therefore she can not be Araucana. There is no such breed as Eraucana.
Ameraucana (different breed entirely) have muffs, but your bird has the wrong color legs and isn't one of the recognized color varieties.

This is an aricauna

That bird is clean-faced. Araucana never have muffs. They have tufts, which are normal feathers growing just under the ear.
Your bird is muffed (fluffy down-like feathers). It's a feature that is very common in Easter Eggers.
Also, notice how this bird's back just kind of stops at the thighs? Your bird's back keeps going a bit, indicating she's not rumpless (missing vertebrae). She's just missing her tail feathers at the moment.
In addition, she is not a recognized color variety for either breed.

That bird is clean-faced. Araucana never have muffs. They have tufts, which are normal feathers growing just under the ear.
Your bird is muffed (fluffy down-like feathers). It's a feature that is very common in Easter Eggers.
Also, notice how this bird's back just kind of stops at the thighs? Your bird's back keeps going a bit, indicating she's not rumpless (missing vertebrae). She's just missing her tail feathers at the moment.
In addition, she is not a recognized color variety for either breed.

X2 on junebuggena's post.

Back
Top Bottom