Ameraucana or Easter Egger?

Ducclelover10

Crowing
9 Years
Jan 14, 2013
I've got this whole thing confused. How do you tell the difference between Ameraucanas and Easter Eggers?

Ameraucanas are a pure, APA/ABA Recongnized breed. Here's what the ABC has to say about the subject~

The Ameraucana Breeders Club defines an Easter Egg chicken or Easter Egger as any chicken that possesses the blue egg gene, but doesn’t fully meet any breed descriptions as defined in the APA and/or ABA standards. Further, even if a bird meets an Ameraucana standard breed description, but doesn’t meet a variety description or breed true at least 50% of the time it is considered an Easter Egg chicken.

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask this question, but here goes....When I first got into chickens I didn't know how to tell an Ameraucana from an EE so I took the word of the person I bought from. I was sold a rooster that has the most gorgeous muffs & beard you will ever see, but he has feathers on his feet. After learning more about the breed I decided to call him an EE because I know Ameraucanas are not supposed to have feathering. My question is would he still be considered an EE with the feathered feet?

I have him in with my EE hens (also sold to me as Ameraucanas but lay pink & cream eggs). His babies tend to come out with some feathering about 50-75% of the time. They all have the slate legs & the biggest prettiest muffs you'll ever see. But before I sell them as EE's I want to be sure they would still be classified that with the leg feathering. I know EE isn't really a breed, but I've just never seen anyone say anything about them being able to have feathering on the legs & feet.

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask this question, but here goes....When I first got into chickens I didn't know how to tell an Ameraucana from an EE so I took the word of the person I bought from. I was sold a rooster that has the most gorgeous muffs & beard you will ever see, but he has feathers on his feet. After learning more about the breed I decided to call him an EE because I know Ameraucanas are not supposed to have feathering. My question is would he still be considered an EE with the feathered feet?

I have him in with my EE hens (also sold to me as Ameraucanas but lay pink & cream eggs). His babies tend to come out with some feathering about 50-75% of the time. They all have the slate legs & the biggest prettiest muffs you'll ever see. But before I sell them as EE's I want to be sure they would still be classified that with the leg feathering. I know EE isn't really a breed, but I've just never seen anyone say anything about them being able to have feathering on the legs & feet.

.With feathered feet he would be considered an EE. I know I was confused at the beginning but I do know a little about Ameraucanas/EE's.

Back
Top Bottom