What breed?

• Ameraucana

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

rossi.chicks

Songster
Mar 11, 2018
Templeton, CA
Thought this girl was an EE but not positive. Possibly Ameraucana? She's about 22 weeks. Not laying yet but started squatting and hanging around nest boxes. Sorry the pics are blurry. She has a pea comb.
20180814_191117.jpg
20180814_191131.jpg

She's pretty! Although there are blue Ameraucanas, as far as I know, they don't--at least not the hens--have the rust brown added in like your girl does, so she's probably an EE. :) I hope you're blessed with lots of big beautiful eggs from her! It doesn't sound like you have much longer to wait before she starts laying. :D

She's pretty! Although there are blue Ameraucanas, as far as I know, they don't--at least not the hens--have the rust brown added in like your girl does, so she's probably an EE. :) I hope you're blessed with lots of big beautiful eggs from her! It doesn't sound like you have much longer to wait before she starts laying. :D

Very pretty girl! We have two EE girls that look similar. We have 5 EE girls in total. The eggs they lay range from pale blue to blue-green. Most of our girls eggs started out pretty small and have gotten bigger and more consistent as time goes by. My littlest EE girl still lays a pretty small egg though. So hers just might stay that way which might just be because she is so small herself.

Back
Top Bottom