Ameraucana Show ~ Ends 6/01/18

Yes you are correct self-Blue is still a project color and not an accepted color yet. They are working on getting it accepted though. @LilJoe out of curiosity are you a member of the ABC and/or the AA?
Ok thank you. I may judge them as AOV's? Not sure. No I am not

Side note* @LilJoe you did forget the Silver Variety in the list. Can we enter them as well. That is an accepted color
Oh yes! Very sorry. Silver must've slipped my mind.

Is there an age minimum for entry? I just bought some blue Ameraucana but they are only 6 weeks old. Would like to know how the stack up to the SOP but willing to wait.

So my babies won't be accepted? I accept them!
mama canna.JPG

Sex: hen
Variety: blue
Weight: unknown
Name: Betty

I tried my best to get required pics. I don't handle her so it wasn't easy! Also, as previously mentioned, her beard gets plucked!

IMG_6440.JPG
IMG_6048.JPG
IMG_6057.JPG
IMG_6557.JPG
IMG_6559.JPG
IMG_6561.JPG
IMG_6563.JPG
IMG_6564.JPG
Welcome to the
AMERAUCANA
SHOW

Rules:

• Follow all BYC rules
  • If an Easter Egger, Araucana or any other breed is entered it will be disqualified, no questions asked
  • No being rude or discouraging other members. If you have to say something about their bird, say something nice. Tips are allowed.
Categories:
Varieties:

• Black
  • Blue
  • Blue Wheaten
  • Brown Red
  • Buff
  • Wheaten
  • White
Sexes:
  • Cock (C)
  • Hen (H)
  • Cockerel (K)
  • Pullet (P)

The Ameraucana was developed in the 1970's in the United States in order to create a more productive bird without the self-limiting factors of the Araucana. The goal of these breeders was to develop a bird for home food production, pastel colored eggs, small head furnishings, and a plump, well-feathered body. Ameraucanas were admitted to the Standard in 1984.

Example of Entry:
¤¤Age:
¤¤Sex:
¤¤Variety:
Weight: (if possible)
/*Picture of face*\
/*Picture of front*\¤¤
/*Picture of whole bird (side)*\¤¤
/*Picture of behind and back of tail*\¤¤
/*Picture over back*\
/*Picture of legs/feet*\¤¤
/*Picture of Wing spread*\
¤¤ = Required (Adding everything would be great , though)

All birds will be judged by I, LilJoe, according to the American Standard of Perfection: Fourth Fourth Edition. A best variety (BV) will be chosen in every variety entered as well as a Best in Show.

May the Best Bird Win!!

!

Back
Top Bottom