Ameraucanas from Huckleberry Farm

Two of the frizzled Phoenix eggs have pipped, so hopefully the other eggs won't be far behind!
jumpy.gif

Well, two of the non-Ameraucana chicks have hatched and two more are working on it, but still no sign of Ameraucanas
sad.png

I so hope you get some chicks from the eggs. Shipped eggs are always iffy. I have gotten 100% hatch from shipped eggs and I have gotten zero hatch from shipped eggs. It is a real gamble when the PO takes that box.

Good luck!

pop.gif

I can't wait to see. Can you post a picture of your Frizzled Bantam EE? I have a chick that is suppose to be an EE but her feathers are coming in a little curly. Does that meen she may be a Frizzle?
hu.gif

Well, it's day 23 and nothing's hatching except for one straggler Phoenix
sad.png
I'll probably just leave the eggs in there until after my golden Sebrights hatch since, as Toad the Coturnix proves, things can hatch almost a week after they're supposed to, but I'm kind of doubting it.
If they don't, I am going to be in Jacksonville, Fl in ten days and Sawmill Chicken Farm isn't going to be far out of our way, so hopefully I'll get my Ameraucanas anyway.

This is the best photo I have of Dib the frizzled EE. According to the person I bought her from, she is a Frizzle, but I noticed the fact that she has five toes pretty quickly and thought she's probably part Silkie or something. I didn't pay too much attention to her comb, which is very small, but when she started laying blue eggs (and I mean really blue, not greenish at all) I looked closely and she seems to have a pea comb. She is also feather-footed.

Well, two of the non-Ameraucana chicks have hatched and two more are working on it, but still no sign of Ameraucanas
sad.png

Before I thought to search here, I ordered Amer eggs from Huckleberry. They should arrive tomorrow, but its a long trip from SC to UT. Did any hatch?

Before I thought to search here, I ordered Amer eggs from Huckleberry. They should arrive tomorrow, but its a long trip from SC to UT. Did any hatch?
Nope, none hatched
sad.png
We've had really bad luck with shipped eggs the two times we've ordered them (had 2 out of 36 Coturnix quail hatch, one 3 days late and died and one 6 (!) days late with wry neck), though. Hopefully yours do better than mine!

Nope, none hatched
sad.png
We've had really bad luck with shipped eggs the two times we've ordered them (had 2 out of 36 Coturnix quail hatch, one 3 days late and died and one 6 (!) days late with wry neck), though. Hopefully yours do better than mine!

I'm so sorry. I wonder if this is even going to be a fun experiment. I looked at the "how long to settle shipped eggs" thread last night and it sound pretty dismal. We would like to try quail too - but not at those odds.

I messaged Huckleberry today. She shipped other eggs the same day as mine, and they have arrived in CA. Mine were supposed to be here yesterday but are nowhere to be found :(.

Have you had better luck with local eggs? I have EEs in my incubator now.

Thanks for taking the time to post. (Love the handle!)

Back
Top Bottom