Ameraucana's from Ideal

These are my Ideal EEs when they were about 5 months old (plus one GLW).

DSC_0296.jpg

DSC_0310.jpg

DSC_0293.jpg

DSC_0284.jpg

Quote:
Wow, they are beautiful, but 3 out of the 4 have little or no beard and muffs!

I have 2 of the 8 that have almost no beard and muffs, 2 with small and then the silvers and the whites have HUGE muffs and beards!

Quote:

I have 2 of the 8 that have almost no beard and muffs, 2 with small and then the silvers and the whites have HUGE muffs and beards!

I know - I ordered 5 pullets - 2 of the 5 had beards - one was a rooster! Here he is, also at about 5 months:

22119_dsc_0387.jpg

I don't mind the clean faces.

Quote:

I know - I ordered 5 pullets - 2 of the 5 had beards - one was a rooster! Here he is, also at about 5 months:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/22119_dsc_0387.jpg

I don't mind the clean faces.

Your roo is pretty. Most of the EE roo's I have seen have a lot of white on them. I have not seen the coloring that is on your roo much.

Last edited:
Your roo is pretty. Most of the EE roo's I have seen have a lot of white on them. I have not seen the coloring that is on your roo much.

Thanks - I did find a home for him.

Did I forgot to mention in my previous post that all 4 of my Ideal EEs lay blue or blue-green eggs? Big eggs, too.​

I got 8 Of Ideal's "Ameraucanas" in a Pullet Surprise Special in early January.

There were 2 White, 2 silver, 2 sable and 2 of the typical "chipmunk" pattern.

The 2 white chicks turned a rusty buff color with some black specks,

one of the silvers became a roo, the other became a typical EE with dun-colored pattern,

the 2 sables were a disappointment, one developed a crossbeak and the other lost its muffs when it molted its baby fuzz.

The chipmunks became typical EEs with the dun-color patterning.

I gave the culls and the cockerel away and kept the 2 whitish and two of the typical dun-color pattern. All 4 are VERY healthy, active birds.

If you are looking for EEs, Ideals "Ameraucanas" are good healthy stock.

Order about 2x as many as you want to keep and select the healthiest, prettiest birds!

My birds came today!!!! I got FIVE of the Ameraucana's(I ordered 2 and 3 were extras), along with 5 BA's and 5 BR's. I have 15 birds..oh my.
I had only wanted 8 and ordered a couple extra. Now I have a couple couple extra. I know I can sell the extras...but they are all too cute!

I'm wondering if you can post some pictures of your egg colors if you still have the girls lol

I got my first egg from the "Ameraucana" I purchased from Ideal poultry hatched 03/10/15.. Approximately 23 weeks old. I have 5 from them all females (as ordered) but only 2 have beards or muffs and the ones with clean faces have white centers to their earlobes. I do not know which one laid the egg.. But I will update the threads as I do.

I'm terrified my pullets won't lay true as I purchased them to create olive eggers with my Maran. If they're just EE then I will be selling people chicks that will not produce as promised.. Which means I have to keep them until they start laying which isn't at all what I wanted!
This is one of my girls from ideal. No beard or muff. I'm debating breeding her with my lavender rooster I purchased from a quality breeder because of the light coloring in the tail but I don't feel comfortable selling chicks as pure.

This is one of the two I like. She has beard and muff.

The one with the black head has beard and muff. The chicken behind it with orange head is also an Ameraucana from ideal. It has no beard or muff. I got two like the clean faced one.

I'm wondering if you can post some pictures of your egg colors if you still have the girls lol

I took this picture today and confirmed it is one of the clean faced ideal Ameraucana with white earlobes lobes laying .. The egg was a full shade bluer but still on the green side.

This photo is yesterday's egg (37g) next to today's (39g)

Back
Top Bottom