American(Buff, Blue, Lavander,etc.)goose thread! Post pics!

Discussion in 'Geese' started by flockman, Aug 17, 2012.

1. flockman

flockman Songster

Nov 6, 2010
    Northern Indiana
    I have buffs but I think that we need a thread like the ones for Poms and Sebs.
    [​IMG]

Here is my girl Natasha. The ducks would not cooperate to allow pictures of just geese.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  2. She's a pretty bird! Mine are all molting and have patches of new and old feathers all over them . . . maybe when the feathers are all in I'll be able to take more pictures . . .

3. flockman

flockman Songster

Nov 6, 2010
    Northern Indiana
    Thanks! I love the buff color and brown eyes. My pair of buffs are now 4 months old. They have become my favorites here on the "farm". I decided to get American Buffs for their temperament and thus far have not been disappointed. I hope that continues. We shall see what next spring brings.

4. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    We sold all of our American geese this year except the last two hatched. Below is the goose, she is very sun faded so looking forward to her color coming back.

[​IMG]

5. flockman

flockman Songster

Nov 6, 2010
    Northern Indiana
    What made you decide to sell all of them? Just not enough room? Or because you are focusing on buff dewlap toulouse and Sebastopols?

6. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    solely to make room for more dewlaps and the sebbies. We have grass year round and could sustain them all, but I want to focus on the other two breeds. Our buffs live with a wonderful couple about 45min away from us.

1 person likes this.
  7. AuroraSprings

AuroraSprings Songster

Jun 18, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Well, I have several of these but no pictures with me. Fooey! Ours are great, a bit noisy, but excellent parents. However, we are selling ours to make room and time for more Cotton Patch Geese. They need our time nd energy more than the Americans. I do love how the Americans come in so many different colors, though.

8. zooweemama

zooweemama Songster

She's so pretty!

9. zooweemama

zooweemama Songster

Awww. I love love love the way American Buffs are colored, feathered and shaped.

10. flockman

flockman Songster

Nov 6, 2010
    Northern Indiana
    Zooweemama, I couldn't agree more. I really like the way they look now that they are developing their lobes and looking like adults. I will try to get some updated pictures put up soon.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: