American Buff, Blue & Lavender eggs!!

vicki2x2

Super Chick
11 Years
Feb 9, 2008
Central Michigan
Lots of eggs and they need to go! I have American Buffs, Blues and a Lavenders. Eggs are $5 each, feel free to mix and match! Shipping will depend on how many eggs and your zip.

Right now I am getting eggs from the blues (which have produced lavenders also) and buffs. The lavender/blue pair haven't started laying yet. All stock is either from Holderreads directly or within a couple generations. Big and beautiful, these guys are amazing! Their eggs are huge! I have had excellent luck hatching them out, even last year with my first try ever hatching geese! I also have had very good feedback on those I shipped with their hatching.

My daughter has taken the buffs to fair the last couple of years and won Grand Champion Goose along with Reserve Best in Show. Of course, the blues are recognized by APA so they could not attend, but are equally as nice.

Buff Trio
DSC_0578.jpg

Blue Pair
DSC_0550.jpg

Young buff
DSC_0283.jpg

HPIM0560.jpg

Lavender gander starting to molt
HPIM0559.jpg

Buff goose
HPIM0379.jpg

Lavender gander
HPIM0378.jpg

How many eggs can you get from the blue/lavenders? I finally have money to get eggs
lol.png
I will take as many as you can get in 5-6 days
smile.png

Hey vicki, I just noticed that on your blue pair picture, one of them doesn't appear to have lobes? Is that the male? I know this one I have is female, and she definitely has them. Just wondering if that is a way you can tell them apart?
smile.png

Edit: It might be more that the one in front doesn't have as big of lobes as the one in back?

Last edited:
They both have them, though the females are larger, at least on the blue pair. I don't think that is a reliable method with these guys. For instance, check out the lavender gander, he has big ones!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom